Monday, April 23, 2012

Day six: Top things that Happened to me this past year

I guess I'll do 2011up till now for this:

hmmmmm....well...  the biggest thing is the starting of Stonegate Community Church.  We opened late in the year, as the fall came.  It's been the most rewarding and hardest thing I've ever done.
   I had ALOT of doubts about ME going into this.  Really....if you know me, you probably think what I think...THIS GUY a pastor?  Get outta here!  I'm with you....completely! I struggle with alot of bad behaviors and selfishness and well...I could go on and on about it,...but one fact remained.  I truly felt that God was realllllllllllllllllly telling me to do that....and so did the people I trust the most.  So ...boom...Pastor Butthead!

I found a SWEET transformers collectable at the FISHING HOLE!  Wanna see it?
It was in a fire pit...I courageously rescued it!!

But wait....it freaking opens!!! WOOOOAH

OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!  Best day ever (what a sad life I live...)

ummm....We caught a TON of fish this summer:  Great largemouth

went 43 and 10  in Black ops...thought this was a big deal at the time, but then I got really good and scored similar rounds pretty consistantly...but hey, if you can't brag on your blog then what's the point!

Hung out with Sam while wife worked.

Had some deer eating our bushes like 8 feet from me

Grew a viking beard!

Tried my hand at a cop stache...wife threatened divorce

Failed at business...that was fun

Caught some MORE epic bass!..oh and recieved my favorite pair of shorts ever...CAMO (wife threatens divorce)

I seriously Have NO fish shots with my shirt ON>>?  CMON

Saw my Grandmother for what may very well be the last time...love her

Made fun of John mayer....constantly
HANDLEBARS BABY~!!!!

Grew a Charlie Daniels mustache

Preached my first Easter sermon..had my shirt on for that!

MAybe i'll be the Matthew Maconahay of pastors. "I think this message would be better if I took my shirt off man.." (that's Matt Damon doing a Matthew impression...look it up)

Grew an 'Uncle Brian"....wife threatened divorce
random cool things:
   after catching the final largemouth of the night...right at sundown....we were near the road out in my boat....I caught it as a pickup truck was drviving by.  Like a child I held it up in the air for the passing truck.  The old guy stuck his hand out and gave me a thumbs up~!~!~~   that was awesome....it happened very fast.

     So I dunno.  I've lost track of my thoughts, I'm watching Tv as I do this....lottery winners.  Crazy stuff.  So anyway....That's it for now....


2 comments: