Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day Four: 5 things I love about the Internet

5.  Honestly, having answers to like EVERYTHING at the touch of your hands is REDICULOUS.  Anyone remember encyclopedias?  Yeah, they used to SELL information.  You used to have to like BUY it or GO to a library to learn stuff.  Now, I'll be all like 'what's Zack Efron's favorite breakfast cereal'.  And I can go to the internet and learn it ASAP.   DUDE!  I could go on and on about this, and Zack Efron, but I have a list to finish.

4.  Emails.  Yeah, so i remember writing my girlfriend LETTERS in college.  Let me explain this to you who may not understand that term.  I took a pen and some lined paper and actually WROTE a long sequence of words and paragraphs WITH NO LOLS, IMO, LMAO,  or any sort of 'inter-speak'.  I wrote until my hand hurt and tried very hard to be legible.   Then I paid the goverment to take it from where I was to where she was.  It took DAYYYYS.
      so emails?   Boom...done...  impersonal, very little fluff...just straight to the point.  Very man-style communication.  Cut to the chase scene!

3.  Facebook.          UGGGGHHH.   It's like a cute wolverine.   "Aww...your so cute, come here, let me ....OWW OWWWW LET GO OF MY HAND, OWW..STOP STOP STOP...great...I have only one hand now."
  yep....that's facebook.  'I'll just get on for a second and look around.  (four hours later) *if you've seen spongebob you have to say that in the french accent*   Next thing you know, your sitting there...it's like 8 in the morning, you're stiff and your eyes are glazed over and you've lost 3 days of your life.
also....Nothing really every happens on my facebook.  I look at it and check it an hour later and alas...nothing has changed.  I guess we all live pretty boring lives.

2.  podcasts.   Ok, so if you know me...there's one thing I love to do a pretty absurd amount of.  You guessed it listen to people preach.   Yep, I subscribe to like 5 different churches and listen to their messages every week.  I usually average at least one sermon a day...it's just my thing..I dunno
    but anyway, being able to follow a church in Colorado every week from New York is awesome.    Plus...the people who are now able to follow MY podcasts...that's very cool.  TO think that in 2012 no matter where you are, you can tune in and learn and grow is just mind blowing.
Do you have a bad haircut and overall  just an unmanageably thick mane?  ME TOO!
1.  So I guess my favorite thing about the internet is MEMES>>>>YES>>> MEMES>  I love em..  WHY?  Here's why!



I laughed at this for HOURS until wife told me to knock it off...she thinks I'm "special"











Have a good saturday.

1 comment:

  1. You stole like most of my list. I looove the Willy Wonka pics. My favorite that I've seen says "Oh, you wear a northface jacket? I'll be you go on so many adventures." LOL!

    P.S. Zac Efron? I need an explanation on that one.

    ReplyDelete