Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 5 - Top Five Places You'd Like to Live

ok...so as usual, I decide to be COMPLETELY honest with the 5 people who are reading this.  Are you ready.  Herrrre we go
  Top five places AJ wants to live

5  Narnia.  Ok...forget the creepy goat-footed-almost-pedophile and it's awesome.  (C'mon, dont act like you didn't cringe when Lucy went to Mr. Tumnusse's house.)  I was thinking to myself "ummmm C.S. Lewis was a Christian and this....this is pretty awkward"  Maybe it was just me, but I was pretty rattled by that. But it turned out to be innocent so moving on....dude!...Centaurs...Minotaurs....ummmmm  ROCK and ROLL is what I say!  How SWEET is Narnia!?? I would go there and be all "frozen Ice WHO now?  Psssshhh...You ever heard of flamethrowers!?  That ice queen will wish she never saw MY FACE Y'ALL!  Honey badger don't give......."


4  Smurf land.  Blue mini-people.  An abundance of jolly.... I really don't know what else you need here.  Gargamel?   Really, you're scared of Gargamel?  Aside from his name that congers up thoughts of kid's yucky cold medicine, there's really no negative here.  It's pretty good, all the time.  Sign me up!. (ps...Fraggle Rock was a close second for this spot...but the huge people kept eating their day's labors...that depressed me as a child)
AJ SMURF and AJ's WIFE SMURF! (except for the sausage leg...sweetheart, you don't have sausage legs!)

OK, so smurfs have their issues like anyone else...but really who are we to judge.


Forget what I said about not fearing Garagmel...this cat just got back from rummaging through Beiber's garbage.  Not cool guy!  Not cool!

3  With the Thundercats.
     So yeah.  A bunch of Cat-people running around with sword skill and martial arts expertise.  As a 12 year old kid THERE'S NOTHING TO DISLIKE HERE! Anyone remember Panthro?  C'mon a blue PUMA-LIKE DUDE WITH NUCHUCKS!  ok...side note: I am actually very good with nunchucks....like VERY good.  Wanna know why?  Panthro and oh, I dunno...a little name drop of MICHAELANGELO!  Not the artist silly...psssh.  The NINJA TURTLE!  Yeah,  So as a 32 year old man, I have spend TONS of hours honing a skill because of 2 fictional characters.  The pertinent question is 'do you regret it AJ?'  The answer...no....no not at all... these dudes ROCK.
Don't even mention HE-Man..it's not even a contest.  No matter how many times you try to re-iterate 'masculine' (C'mon...He....MAn.?  really?  HIs name was also ADAM...which means MAN.  WHO THE HECK WROTE THIS and where were feminists when you needed them?  Oh...getting really short haircuts...oh.....ok!!)

Liono, the leader of the Thundercats and some chicks named Brittany Spears and Rihanna.  NBD...      



AJ-Cat, AJ-Cat's wife and well....AJ's Cat.  Not the FAT ONE, the other one!  ..i hate that cat...
   

2.  With the elves in the Lord of the Rings.  So I''m pretty serious here.  My friend Zack and I have spent alot of time talking about this.  Even if it's just NEW ZEALAND that we're talking about here, I still win.  But we're not. We're talking about a place where fireworks can be DRAGONS that swoop down on crowds.   Where Elves essentially live forever, and for the most part (putting aside the random evil warmonger/wizard) there is peace throughout the world.  It is visually stunning, and things are simple.  Wait...did I not mention that I am the unknown KING of this place?  The ARAGORN if you willl?  Oh..silly me.  It's true.  I am he....I am the king that you all thought did not exists.  Now let's move forward with crowning me and throwing me the parade I deserve.
We suggestess that you keep reading this bloggesesss..yesssss!

You got American Cheese?  I said SHARP CHEDDAR....ARRRRGH!!!
 


1.   Heaven.  No seriously.  This is where I wanna be.  To see My creator, my Savior and my best friend face to face.....trumps all the above a million-fold.  I really really really long for this day.  To see God and just thank Him for all that He is and all that He's done. 
     Wait..you ...you don't understand me here...I was destined to be a superhero style d-bag in this life.  That was the path set out before me and I was ECSTATIC to walk it out....but through time, God has said "woah...stop being such a d-bag AJ...I'm super serious!" and somehow, with His help..it happened.  Oh, don't get me wrong...I'm still not a HUGE fan of me, but things are WAYYY better than they used to be on that front.  I think of the song by Mercy Me called "I can only imagine" and then I cry like a Smurf Baby...

and now the official AJ's blog song!   "thanks for checking it, that's all I have to say.  Thanks for stopping in...I'll see you in ONE day!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment